- Senior Consultant - Reference Data
This is an opportunity for someone interested in working in an international environment while being able to work 100% remote. The job requires providing support in USA/JAPAN trading hours.
Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for the entire reference data application landscape available, able to manage production incident life cycle performing root cause analysis and follow up till resolution coordinating with various stakeholders. Ensure the issue is permanently fixed in order to improve the quality of our platform and user/client experience.
Accountable for Incident, problem management and change management. Able to manage major incidents involving multiple business applications and IT infrastructure.
Collaborates with Service Continuity and business continuity Management team to perform DR, QMW and patching the production environment.
Develop an understanding of technical or business drivers and strategies.
Ensure clients and management are kept informed and timely escalate in case of emergencies.
Able to solve complex problems within SLA/OLA agreed with various stakeholders.
Able to communicate and maintain relations with external vendors, who are providing data feed for timely resolution of external issues.
Drive advancement across software applications including monitoring and automations.
Strong managerial skill to delegate and manage teams across the globe.
Participate and work with data consumer applications teams in defining the SLA/OLA documentations.
Participate in deployment cycles by deploying new software releases in the production environment, post user/business checkouts and performing post deployment tasks.
Maintaining production support and application support knowledge base.
Track and monitor timely closure of issues reported and without SLA/OLA breach.
Participate, collect and provide evidence to internal/external auditors for various audits requirements.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED
● 15+ years of experience in techno functional role especially in instrument reference data in banking and financial industry.
● Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills.
● Strong interpersonal skills and professional approach to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
● Excellent time management skills, negotiations and issue resolution skills.
● Strong instrument reference data domain knowledge required for interacting with business users and able to understand business problems.
● Able to understand data from a business user's perspective.
● Experience working with market leader applications in the instrument reference data domain(VDPS, ProDB).
● Experience working with complex applications involving multiple technologies.
● Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
● Experience on working with different feeds required for instrument reference data which include SIX Telekurs, Bloomberg, Refinitiv, Moodys, Standard and Poors.
● Experience working with programming languages like C++, Python, Java, kafka, spring microservices, scripting with perl, unix.
● Strong knowledge of working in Linux, Unix environment, cloud infrastructure.
● Strong database(Oracle, sybase) knowledge, able to write queries for complex data models.
● Experience with query tuning, Optimiser concepts, knowledge with statistics, plans.
● Application servers Weblogic, Apache Tomcat.
● Experience with IBM MQ.
● Experience with Monitoring tools like Splunk, Osmosys, AppDynamics(APM).
● Experience working with Wiki, Jira, ServiceNow, Control M.
ITIL or equivalent management certification
Proven experience in handling teams across geographies
Ability to standby services 7X24.
• A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
• Ongoing learning and training opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
• A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work directly with senior partners and clients
Compensation as per market standards
• A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
Job Location: Basel